date: August 2021
We took the best of the online delivery world and gave it a spin to give you an app that can provide the best dine-in experience. With our team, we created EatOut! This app's goal is to help you find that ideal restaurant to dine-in at tonight. Simply enter in your perferences from ratings to distance, and it will recommend to you all the resturants that can satisfy your taste.
What I did
- I coded the backend python script that is responsible for collecting a food item's price at a particular restaurant and how busy that restaurant is at the current time.
- The code starts by retrieving a json file from the front end using flask. This data has the restaurants we want to know the prices of, the desired food item, among other information.
- The code then uses UberEats as a database for menu prices. It web scrapes the restaurant menu from UberEats using selenium and looks for the particular food item in mind.
- At the same time, it finds out how busy the resturant is using Google Cloud API.
- At the end it sends the price and busy information to front end as json using flask.